Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Book Reviewed

Just finished Joan Bauer's latest Peeled. This time the subject is apples-not pumpkins. Hildy Biddle is an aspiring journalist for the high school paper. As Hildy states "apples are the core of our existence". She begins to question the town paper's assertion that a house is haunted. With a team of friends she gets to the bottom of a plot between the editor of the town paper and a big out-of-state developer to build a big mega-haunted-house theme park. Lots of great lines and apple puns. Y Fiction. Readers who like Squashed will enjoy this novel.

I completed my RSS lesson.
I am going to upload some pictures this week to Flickr to share with the blog.
Got some great shots with Sneaks at a local school visit.

1 comment:

SilverLining said...

Read your review of the New Policeman. Having an interest in things Irish and Irish music, I will check it out. I appreciate your reviews of YA and postings in Library Thing(It helps with RA).